- Instant Pot manual, p.16
- Large portion
- 12.5 C whole milk = 2,953 g (this is about the maximum that will fit)
- 5 C cream = 1,183 g
- Small portion
- 10 C whole milk = 2,362 g
- 4 C cream = 946 g
- 2 T Fage plain yogurt
- Sterilize the Instant Pot. Put 2 C of water in the inner pot, along with the trivet, a whisk, a glass bowl, a spoon, and a 1/2 C measure. Have a thermometer handy. Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Pour out the the water from the pot. Pour milk and cream in.
- Push Yogurt button then Adjust button, until the screen reads "boil." Let cook about 50 minutes, until it beeps. Whisk occasionally. Check that temperature has come up to 182 - 185 F. If temperature is too low when it beeps, use Slow Cook Less.
- Remove the inner pot, and set on top of a large ice pack. Allow the milk to cool to 110 degrees, whisking occasionally. This will take over 1 hour.
- Put the yogurt into the glass bowl, and whisk it a bit to break it up. Scoop out 1/2 C of the warm milk mixture into the glass bowl, and whisk with the yogurt until dissolved. Then whisk the mixture back into the pot.
- Put the inner pot back into the Instant Pot. Cover, and set to Yogurt Normal for 24 hours.
- The next day, after it beeps, pour the yogurt into 2 red plastic containers. Put the containers in the refrigerator undisturbed for 6 to 8 hours, to cool and set.